Friday, May 12, 2006

Mother's Day
.
I am travelling to Russia for a month and a half to see my mom. I am not sure I can be active on-line during this trip. I hope to be inspired and bring back a notebook full of Russian haiku. In US Mother's Day is celebrated on the second Sunday in May. This year it is May the 14-th. I use this extra opportunity to give my mom gifts and make her smile. One of these gifts is this haiga.
.

.
Mother's Day -
sunlight
fills the mailbox
.
(all rights reserved © Natalia L. Rudychev 2006)
.
I want to thank Dr. Gabi Greve for including this haiga into World Kigo Database:
http://worldkigodatabase.blogspot.com/2006/11/womens-day-international.html
This made my mom and me very happy.
.

10 Comments:

Blogger Pat Paulk said...

Natalia, this is beautiful. Your mother must be very proud! Be safe and have a wonderful visit home.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Natalia L. Rudychev said...

Pat
Thank you! I leave for the airport in 2 hours! Thanks again!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Borut said...

Russian soul, hart-warming, like an icon... Waiting for haiku from Russia.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Natalia L. Rudychev said...

Borut
Thank you! Leaving for the airport in 20 minutes:)

12:42 PM  
Blogger polona said...

i'm afraid i might have missed you on this occasion. anyway, i wish you a pleasant trip and wonderful stay in russia!
love the haiga, too!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Masago said...

Have a great trip! Enjoyed your Mother's Day poem.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Russell Ragsdale said...

Dark brown soil you smell
tangible as a childhood
dress, the swing has changed
but that doesn't matter
old and new is all there
the life you know
from remembered to forgetful -
everything gathers together
like raspberries in an old bowl
at the dacha.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Audur said...

Thank you Natalia for the link of Marina Jijina, and for your kind comment. I will contact her! I hope you are having a great trip.

6:09 AM  
Blogger sangeet said...

Lovely Natalia!
Have a safe trip, and bring us back some more Haiga/Haiku :)

Sangeet

2:33 PM  
Blogger Pincushion said...

Hope you are having a wonderful time visiting!
Thanks for dropping by at my blog..will surely visit again and again!
:)

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home